|0 (0 votes):|
Doxycycline (Oracea) is bacteriostatic antibiotic of broad spectrum.
It is used to treat:
- infectious and inflammatory diseases caused by susceptible organisms (pharyngitis, bronchitis, acute and chronic, tracheitis, bronchopneumonia, lobar pneumonia, lung abscess, empyema);
- infection of upper respiratory tract (otitis, tonsillitis, sinusitis, etc.);
- infections of the genitourinary system (cystitis, pyelonephritis, prostatitis, urethritis, urethrocystitis, urogenital mycoplasmosis, endometritis, endocervite acute orhiepididimit, gonorrhea);
- skin and soft tissue infections (cellulitis, abscesses, furunculosis, whitlow, infected burns, wounds, and others);
- infectious eye disease, syphilis, yaws, yersiniosis, legionellosis, rickettsial disease, chlamydia of various localization.
Side effects are usually observed at the beginning of the therapy. Keep in mind that elderly and weakened patients have side effects more frequently.
- nervous system: benign intracranial hypertension (decreased appetite, vomiting, headache), a toxic effect on the central nervous system (dizziness or imbalance);
- organs of vision: blurred vision, diplopia, scotoma, increased intracranial pressure;
- digestive system: nausea, constipation or diarrhea, abdominal pain, glossitis, dysphagia;
- allergic reactions: maculopapular rash, pruritus, skin flushing, angioedema, anaphylactoid reactions;
- cardiovascular system: pericarditis, lower blood pressure, tachycardia.
Taking the medication during pregnancy and breast-feeding may cause harmful effects to the newborn baby.
Doxycycline is contraindicated for patients with:
- hypersensitivity to the drug and its components;
- lactase deficiency and intolerance;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- severe hepatic impairment;
- porphyria or leukopenia.
Don’t take the drug when drinking alcohol. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness.
How to take
The drug is taken orally with a full glass of water, after the meal.
Average daily dose is 200 mg during the first day (2 doses – 100 mg 2 times a day), followed by 100 mg / day.
Do not exceed your prescribed dosage.
Do not stop taking the medication abruptly, as it can cause discomfort.
Concomitant use of retinol enhances intracranial pressure.
Ethanol, barbiturates, rifampicin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, and other stimulants of microsomal oxidation accelerate metabolism of Doxycycline.
Concomitant use of methoxyflurane may develop acute renal failure or even lead to death.
Take the medicine as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Symptoms of overdose are dizziness, nausea, vomiting, seizures, and impaired consciousness.
Treatment of overdose includes gastric lavage with activated charcoal and symptomatic therapy.
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Doxycycline been approved?
Yes. It’s not different from the brand medication.
Other manufacturers include:
- Biochem Pharmaceutical
- Shalaks Pharmaceuticals
- Comed Chemicals
- MMC Healthcare
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories
- Moraceae Lab
- Overseas Health Care
- Faith Pharmaceuticals
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals
- Shreya (Plethico Pharmaceuticals)
- Macleods Pharmaceuticals
- IPCA Laboratories (Innova Division)
- Viva Laboratories
- Medibios Labs
You can buy Doxycycline Generic or Oracea online without any prescription
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add medicine to cart
- Review shopping cart and proceed to checkout
- Sign in as an user or fill out information to complete the order
- Submit the order and wait for delivery