|0 (0 votes):|
Baclofen (Lioresal) has an impact on neuromuscular transmission of impulses. The drug has antispasmodic and muscle relaxant effects.
Baclofen is used to treat the following diseases:
- Multiple sclerosis;
- Cerebral paralysis;
- Paralytic syndrome;
- Brain disease;
- Diseases of the spinal cord;
- Stroke, not specified as hemorrhage or infarction;
- Head injury;
- Spinal Cord Injury.
Dug usage can cause the following side effects:
- drowsiness or insomnia, dizziness, headache, tiredness and weakness, confusion, impaired balance and coordination of movement, decreased reaction rate, mental stimulation, a state of euphoria, hallucinations, depression, nightmares;
- hypertension, palpitations, chest pain, collapse;
- anorexia (disgust for food), change in taste, nausea, constipation or diarrhea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain;
- enuresis, dysuria, urinary retention, renal dysfunction;
- nasal congestion, respiratory depression;
- muscle pain, rash, swelling of feet, excessive sweating, and weight gain.
Baclofen is contraindicated for patients with:
- hypersensitivity to active substances of the drug;
- parkinson’s disease;
- renal insufficiency in chronic form;
- pregnancy, and breast-feeding.
Use caution when driving, operating machinery, or performing other hazardous activities.
Don’t take the drug when drinking alcohol. Alcohol may increase drowsiness and dizziness.
People with cerebrovascular insufficiency, gastric ulcer, and atherosclerosis of brain vessels should take the drug with caution.
How to take
Baclofen is taken during a meal.
Do not exceed your prescribed dosage.
The initial dose of drug, which is assigned to adults and children, is 5 mg three times a day.
- Adults: daily dose is 30-75 mg, the maximum – 100 mg;
- Children: 1-2 year – less than 20 mg per day; 2-6 years – 20-30 mg per day; from 6 to 10 years – 30-60 mg per day; older than 10 years – 1.5-2 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
Baclofen enhances the action of drugs, affecting the central nervous system, hypotensive and arthrifuge drugs, ethanol.
Tricyclic antidepressants increase the decreased muscle tone, while levodopa, and carbidopa increase the risk of hallucinations, confusion, and agitation.
Take the capsule as soon as you remember. However, dont take the double dose and continue the prescribed dosage.
Symptoms of overdose include vomiting, hypotonia, respiratory depression, convulsions, and coma.
Treatment of overdose includes induction of vomiting or gastric lavage, symptomatic and supportive treatment (artificial ventilation, cardiovascular activity).
In case of severe overdose, contact emergency services immediately (USA/UK – 911 / 112 / 999).
The medicine should be kept in a dry place with temperature no higher than 25C, away from children.
Has a Generic Baclofen been approved?
Yes, generic Baclofen is no different from regular brand products.
Other manufactures include:
- Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Chandra Bhagat Pharma Pvt. Ltd
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Novartis Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- Samarth Pharma Pvt. Ltd
- Critical Care (VHB Life Science Inc.)
- VHB Life Sciences
- Neon Laboratories Ltd
You can buy Baclofen Generic or Lioresal online without any prescription online
- Select dosage/quantity
- Add to cart
- Proceed to checkout
- Checkout as a guest or create an account
- Enter address information and payment info
- Select shipping method and wait for delivery